Monday 19 March 2012

Welcome to Stress Less Bodyworks

Stress Less Bodyworks
Stress Less Bodyworks is a small business operating from the @ Ease Chiropractic & Wellness Clinic on Station Road in Margaret River. Situated in the clinic rooms at the Margaret River Yoga School, Stress Less Bodyworks offers flexible treatment times, including after hours mobile massage treaments.

I developed an interest in Massage and Bodywork about 15 years ago when I dated a man who was studying Shiatsu. The benefits of dating a bodywork student are never ending, you become their 'guinea pig'.  I began to learn more about my body during these treatment times and discovered the way that my body stored and responded to Stress. I also began to practice Yoga on a regular basis, and had my first introduction to meditation. It was at this time, that I realised, I had the potential to become a hands on healer.

My interest in bodywork grew, and I attended an adult education course at my local Tafe, an Introduction to Swedish Massage. To say I was hooked was an understatement. I sought out a professional training course, and in January 1999, I started the first day of an intensive full time 2 year course - the Diploma of Health Science, Massage.

After graduating in December 2000, I gained employment in a variety of settings from Corporate Massage, to voluntary Pregnancy Massage at a Child Health Clinic. But it was the work that I did at Massageworks in Fremantle that really cemented my journey as a Massage Therapist.

Over the last 12 years, I have gained so much experience and really developed my own style, a blend of intuitive bodywork and massage that draws its foundation in Deep Tissue, Trigger Point Therapy and Myofascial Release. Every massage is different and sometimes a client who enjoys regular deep tissue work or trigger point therapy just needs time out and a deep relaxation massage.

I find nothing more rewarding than to help a client achieve relief from a tight, stressed out body and find peace and relaxation. 

And so I have started this blog as a way to share with you ideas and practices to help you to Stress Less in your Life, and to develop an awareness of your body.
Have a Stress Less Day!
Nicola x 

No comments:

Post a Comment